Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Shrimp Italian Spinach Salad



We eat TONS of salad here at our house.... even my almost 3 year old loves our salads. I usually have a salad for lunch and we probably have a salad at least 2x a week for dinner as our meal and always have a side salad with dinner. We seriously just LOVE salad! My husband raves about my dressings and my different concoctions :) So I thought I'd start sharing my salad recipes. It's really just about experimenting and definitely making your own salad dressing makes it so wonderful!

Shrimp Italian Spinach Salad

-spinach
-cherry tomatoes
-fresh mozzarella balls
-hearts of palm
-cucumber
-avocado
-fresh basil
-sauteed large shrimp (sprinkle with olive oil, salt pepper, garlic powder (I like a lot), and crushed red pepper-- sautee in olive oil for 2 mins on each side)

Dressing-- I used my leftover dressing from another salad, but it was delish :) These ingredients are MORE than enough for one salad.... I always make my salad in big portions so I have it for a few days.
-1/2 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup red wine vinegar
-1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
-salt & pepper
-fresh minced garlic
-1 tbsp honey dijon mustard

1 comment: