Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Best Pumpkin Bread :)

I found this recipe about 3 years ago and I've never tried another :) It's sooooo delish and I make it a little different, but follow this recipe as a guide:
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread

Here are the ingredients and my changes in CAPS:
Ingredients

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil - I USE COCONUT OIL
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar - I USE 1.5 cup WHITE SUGAR & 1 CUP BROWN
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour- I USE WHOLE WHEAT
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon- I USE 3 TSP
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
I ADD 2 TBSP of FLAX

It makes 3 loaves... Yesterday I added craisins to 1 loaf, but I'm not crazy about it. My girls like it though. Also, since there are 3 loaves I normally freeze one for a week or 2 :)

You have to make this! It's delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment